Regency Szechuan Peppers are a common spice used in Asian cuisine. Known for the unique aroma and taste that has lemon overtones and creates a numbness in the tongue, Szechuan peppers are popular for cooking exciting dishes. It is an important spice in North Chinese, Indonesian, Tibetan, Nepalese and Bhutanese cuisines, and has also been found in different species in America, India and Korea.
- Appearance: Clean, sound quality suitable for human consumption
- Normal colour, smell and taste.
- New crop
- Grade A
- Free from mould, extraneous odours and flavours.
- Free from living insects, mites and weevilled.
- Practically free from dead insects.
- Seeds max. 10%
- Can be contracted as per ASTA (American Spice Trade Association), ESA (European Spice Association) or ISO Standards
- Moisture max. 13%
- Admixture max. 1%
Regency Szechuan Pepper is available to order as: